- EU-27 butter prices: now at 353 €/100 kg, -2.1% down in last 4 weeks
- EU-27 SMP prices: now at 254 €/100 kg, -2.2% down in last 4 weeks
- EU-27 WMP prices: now at 300 €/100 kg, -1.4% down in last 4 weeks
- EU-27 cheddar prices: now at 305€ /100 kg: +0.4% up in last 4 weeksIT spot milk price down to 36.3 c/kg (1 March 2020)
- Feed costs at the same level and energy costs +0.4 % in week 9 compared to the previous 4 weeks
- Last 2 weeks, significant decrease of SMP, butter and cheddar prices in the US
- Butter prices: EU-27 and US are almost at the same level.
- SMP prices: US is more competitive than EU-27 & Oceania
- Milk production slightly decreased by -0.5% in NZ in June-Jan. 2019/20 compared to 2018/19
- Milk production in Australia decreased by -3.7% in July-Jan. 2019/20 compared to 2018/19
- US milk production in Jan. 2020 higher (+0.9%) than in Jan. 2019
- GDT: the general price index decreased by -1.2% (3rd time in 2020). Price increased for butter (+1.0%) and lactose (+5.7%) but decreased for SMP (-3.2%), WMP (-0.5%) and cheddar (-4.7%) at the last auction (3/03)
Full data available: ec.europa.eu
Butter range from Dairy UA – click here.
Milk powders and Whey powders range from Dairy UA – click here.